Saturday 13 September 2014

THE GOLD MINE


They always say the good days are gone, I remember listening to some senior citizens talking about how the educational system was during their time, in the university they had meal tickets, school fees was less than N100, they had their laundry done for them, and am sure they gave them their book and no knows maybe cloths sef  lol. I remembered mentioning that they are the REAL AJE BUTTERS. All these sound amazing but I am sure they had their challenges and dissatisfaction but they pulled through, and today they are mentors of another generation whose way of life and challenges were totally different from theirs.
I watched a clip where children from the ages of 5-10 where presented with the box telephone, remember the one you have to dial by putting your finger in each digit, then you roll it to the end and back again(don’t deny it I know you remember), well it so happens the children had no idea  how to use it, they laugh and wondered what it was, it was funny that was when I realised I was no longer the child, am now the adult and I get to tell them about my school days and the kind of music I listened to and how music nowadays does not make sense, the fashion is now terribly etc. (sigh)
Looking at the generations past, present and future, with their different testimonies, benefits, challenges, way of life, type of music, governmental system, how communication can be difficult between them due to the age gap, never fully understanding each other’s values and reasoning it can be frustrating most especially when you are trying to work together, with all that I realise the bible is the same and it applies to them all.
The bible does not diminish, it does not change in style   or try to remain culturally relevant, the bible does not require a face lift, or a remix, no need for marketers or adverts , the truth remains that the bible deals with every challenge, I mean every challenge, answers are found there, ideas, songs, policies, way of life, its literally the gold mine,
so if you want answers (gold) you have to dig into the word, I challenge you to read the bible today. It’s the one thing that keeps us ALL together, old, young, and not so old not so young, no matter what generation you fall in the bible is still relevant to your generation.




Never have I heard anyone say during my days the bible was so so so and so, the word is consistent and sure, reliable and true, backed with results.

 Read the bible today, it will bless you.

Celebrate you all.

1 comment:

  1. True talk. The Word is the same yesterday, today and forever.

    ReplyDelete